After logging into First Data Payeezy Gateway Real-time Payment Manager (RPM), go to Transactions to search for the item to be refunded. If the transaction is approved and has charged the card, (purchase or pre-authorization completion) an "R" icon appears on the left side of the transaction record. To refund the transaction:
- Click the R
- A mini-POS appears with the amount to be refunded pre-populated. This can be adjusted down if necessary.
- Click on Submit Refund.
- A CTR receipt will display the response for the refund transaction.
- An additional transaction record for the refund is recorded if the transaction was processed. To view this refund transaction record, run the search again. You will see a separate transaction with refund status. The original purchase's R is replaced by a clock icon once the transaction is fully refunded. For a partial refund the "R" remains.
To conduct an unmatched refund from Payeezy Gateway Real-time Payment Manager (RPM) - i.e. a refund for a transaction that either did not go through Payeezy Gateway, for a transaction where the card has a new expiry date, or is for an amount greater than the original charge - go to the POS page in Payeezy Gateway Real-time Payment Manager (RPM).
- Select the merchant account on the right side (if necessary)
- Enter transaction and card details
- Hit Send Transaction
The response will appear as a receipt on the screen that can be printed or emailed.