Merchant administrators have the ability to set up filters for the Address Verification Service when logged into RPM. Filters are set out the outlet (terminal) level.
- Log in to First Data Payeezy Gateway Real-time Payment Manager (RPM)
- Go to Administration
- Select Terminals
- Select the terminal (outlet) the filter will be set up on
- Select the "AVS Filters" tab
- Select the checkboxes of the responses for which you would like the filter to locally decline transaction.
- Click "Update"
Example 1: To reject all transactions where the "No Address or ZIP Code match" in the response was returned, select the "No Address or ZIP Code match" checkbox.
Example 2: To reject all transactions where the "No Address or ZIP Code match" and "System unavailable, retry later" responses are returned, select the "No Address or ZIP Code match" and "System unavailable, retry later" checkboxes.
For a list of AVS responses, click here.
Please note that not all banks return a response when cardholder verification data is sent and a filter will not cover this situation.
A few reminders:
- It’s up to the issuer as to whether or not the expiration date is checked. Some check and some don’t. That’s really not up to Payeezy Gateway.
- Cardholder Name is another piece of data checked by the issuer. It’s not up to Payeezy Gateway.
- AVS responses can vary based on the issuer. This is why certain response codes state “not supported by issuer.”