Merchants on the Payeezy Gateway are required to update their browsers security protocol to TLS v1.2 by environments, see dates below. After those dates TLS v1.0 and v1.1, and all SSL protocol suites (v3 and lower) will no longer be supported on the Payeezy Gateway respective environments. On March 14th, Merchants may start testing in Demo environment.
To ensure uninterrupted service on the Payeezy Gateway, merchants must update their security protocol before to the dates listed below. Merchants using the Payeezy Gateway environments showing below whom have upgraded their browsers in anticipation of the upgrade should continue accessing the Payeezy Gateway respective environments on and after the updates.
Failure to update your systems (software, browser and/or hardware) to TLS v1.2 by the below dates will result in merchants being unable to access the Payeezy Gateway environments:
- March 14, 2017 – Demo Environment Completed
- May 16, 2017 is no longer valid, New date is July 25, 2017 – CTE (CERT) Environment Completed
- July 25, 2017 is no longer valid, New Date is January 24, 2018– Production (PROD) Environment
All Payeezy Gateway merchants must update their software, browser and hardware to support security protocol TLS v1.2 by the above dates. To minimize service disruption, please make the necessary changes recommended below.
- API – users must test their integration to ensure it can support TLS v1.2 OR update their integration to support TLS v1.2
- RPM – users must update their browser or install a newer version.
- Users utilizing RPM who have already upgraded to TLS v1.2 in anticipation of the requirement should continue accessing the Payeezy Gateway normally now and after the above dates.
- Hosted Payment Page – users must update their browser or install a newer version.
- Demo portal users utilizing Hosted Payment Page who have already upgraded to TLS v1.2 in anticipation of the requirement should continue accessing the Payeezy Gateway Demo portal normally now and after the above dates.
Please ensure this information reaches the appropriate IT contacts in your organization. Please direct questions to your Relationship Manager, Support Team, or call the Payeezy Technical Support Desk at 855-448-3493.
Why is the TLS v1.2 Upgrade required?
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) identified early versions of Transport Layer Security (TLS), as weak secure network communication protocols that are not acceptable for the protection of data due to inherent weaknesses.
PCI Security Standards Council has changed the requirement date from June 2016 to June 2018. Payeezy Gateway environments are getting upgraded in an effort to be proactive toward the June 2018 deadline.
PCI Standards document: